As the New Year approaches I’ve been thinking about resolutions and what I want to change in my life, it’s not like I don’t think about this all the time, but I think symbolism is important, symbolism and ritual. When my relationship first ended I burned a lot of the cards and papery little notes my X had given me, but there we still some things I held onto, like photos of us together. I think now is the time to get rid of them. Native Americans perform fire ceremonies when they want to set free the past and call in a new brighter future, this is done either on a full or new moon. As luck would have it Christmas falls on a fullmoon this year so in the spirit of Christmas when we could have a fire burning why not give yourself a gift and burn those old letters or pictures or notes that remind you of your X, but before you do write a list of what you do want, then after burning all that old stuff to ash throw in your list of desires and let it burn to, but focus on it and then take action to achieve it. Native Americans also burned sage in their fires so if you can get your hands on some sage, throw that in when you start the fire! On a cautionary note: unless you have a fireplace always make your fire outside!
Please . . . Please . . . Don’t Date That Dude!
Weight Loss StatsApril 25 (08) ~ August (08) Pounds Lost: 68 Went From a Women"s size 18 to a size 4
- 599,329 hits
- Do You Have a Sensitive Heart? Why Not Take This Test and See?
- The Internet Doesn't Make You Stupid . . .
- How to Choose the Perfect Man and Weed Out the Losers!
- How the Media Distorts Our Perception of Romance
- Do You Ever Have That, "Not So Fresh Feeling?"
- How A Man Can Really Please a Woman and it Isn't Top Secret!
- How Much Can You Really Hide From Your Spouse?
- Are You Dating Him or His Representative?
- Funny or Die Videos - Third Date with Will Ferrell - by Will Ferrell
- Henry Rollins Hates Dating!
dontdatethatdude on Mutant Freaks and More dontdatethatdude on Get Your Wings dontdatethatdude on DO Men Really Love Bitche… Joy Jackson on Obsess Much? A Bad Tooth Story… Taliesin on Be Careful What You Wish for ~…